For general web browsing no personal information is revealed to the Legal Aid Board. The following information is automatically collected and stored when visiting the Legal Aid Board site:
- The IP address of the visitor's web client
- The top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- The previous website address from which the visitor reached the site, including any search terms used
- Clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around the website (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- The type of web browser used by the website visitor
- The date and time the visitor accesses the site
Some of the above information is used to create summary statistics which allow the Legal Aid Board to assess the number of visitors to the site, identify what pages are accessed most frequently and generally, help to assist in the future development of the Legal Aid Board website.
By sending an email, you may be sending personal information such as name, address, and e-mail address. The Legal Aid Board may store the name, address, and e-mail address of a requester in order to respond to requests or otherwise resolve the subject matter of the e-mail. Please also see our confidentiality page.