Deciding to refuse the application
The decision maker may, if they have the authority, decide to refuse the application.
In this case:
- The Refusal screen on EOS must be completed
- Each ground under which the application has been refused must be selected.
- The reasons for the refusal must be fully detailed.
- A letter must be issued to the solicitor
- advise that an appeal committee may consider an appeal by reference to:-
- the specific reason(s) as stated in the refusal letter, or
- all aspects of the application; and
- the decision will be sent to the solicitor and forwarded to the applicant.
- Stating that the application has been refused
- The Grounds (quoting appropriate sections of the Act and Regulations).
- The reasons for the refusal in plain English.
- The fact that the applicant has the right of review and appeal and explaining what is involved in a review and/or appeal.
- The fact that the applicant has one month to seek a review and another month after that to seek an appeal
The template letters contained in this Part and available on EOS must be used.