We use cookies to give you the best possible online experience. If you continue, we'll assume you are happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website. See our Privacy & Cookie policy statement for more information on cookies and how to manage them.

What should be in the law centre’s name?

The law centre is on record, not the individual solicitor. All proceedings should be in the name of the law centre rather than the individual solicitor. Certificates pursuant to sections 5 and 6 of the Judicial Separation and Family Law Reform Act 1989 and sections 6 and 7 of the Family Law (Divorce) Act 1996 should be signed by the solicitor in the solicitor’s name. Correspondence to the other party can be addressed to either the law centre/firm or solicitor with conduct of the file.