We use cookies to give you the best possible online experience. If you continue, we'll assume you are happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website. See our Privacy & Cookie policy statement for more information on cookies and how to manage them.

Dispensing with the consent of a spouse to the sale of a family home

Proceedings under Section 4 of the Family Home Protection Act 1976 (dispensing with the consent of a spouse to the sale of the family home) should not normally be legally aided. If the applicant is already attending a private solicitor who is handling the conveyance they should be asked to do the court application. 

This doesn’t stop you from making an application for legal aid where you believe that some exceptional circumstances exist – outline fully the nature of the exceptional circumstances.  The application can be made in the District Court.