Communicating the decision
If the original decision is overturned on review, a letter will issue to the solicitor / staff member informing them of the decision.
If the original decision is upheld, the letter of refusal will:-
- state the reason(s) for the refusal;
- confirm that the further information furnished was taken into account;
- advise of the right to appeal the decision to an appeal committee;
- advise that the appeal must be lodged within a period of one month from the date on which the applicant is informed of the refusal;
- be sent to the relevant law centre; and
- be forwarded by the law centre to the applicant.