Customer Charter - Customer Liaison Officer
Customer Liaison Officer
The Board has appointed a Customer Liaison Officer. This person has overall responsibility for the service provided to customers. You can contact the Customer Liaison Officer in relation to any matter about the services provided to you that remain unresolved to your satisfaction:
Legal Aid Board,
48-49 North Brunswick Street
Telephone: 01 646 9600
About the facilities in the law centre or failure to meet the standards set out in this Charter:
- you should put the complaint in writing to the Customer Liaison Officer, 48-49 North Brunswick Street, Georges Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7.
About a barrister or private solicitor who is providing you with legal services:
- you should initially make the complaint to the Managing Solicitor in the law centre;
- the Managing Solicitor will aim to resolve the matter as quickly as possible and, if necessary, meet with you to discuss your concerns;
- if you are still dissatisfied, you should make the complaint in writing to the Managing Solicitor;
A full copy of our complaints procedure can be found in Customer Care and Complaints Procedure.
If you are dissatisfied with a decision on your application for legal aid/advice, you may have the decision reviewed or you may appeal the decision to an appeal committee of the Board. The arrangements for appeals are set out in Withdrawal of Legal Services.
How can you help us
We can help you best if you:
- provide any information you have which may be relevant;
- provide any documents and reference numbers you have which may be relevant;
- treat our staff and other customers with courtesy and respect.
We welcome your comments, suggestions and views on any aspect of our service and please let us know if you are particularly pleased with any aspect of our service.