Customer Charter - Introduction
The Legal Aid Board provides legal advice and legal aid in civil cases to persons of modest means who satisfy the requirements of the Civil Legal Aid Act, 1995. The Board also provides mediation services to persons through the Family Mediation Service and it is responsible for the administration of the Garda Station Legal Advice Scheme, the Legal Aid – Custody Issues Scheme and the Criminal Assets Bureau Legal Aid Scheme.
The Legal Aid Board’s Corporate Plan 2015 - 2017 sets out our Mission, and Vision for the organisation and the values that underpin their achievement. The standards of customer service detailed in this Charter reflect the steps necessary to implement our Mission Statement which is:
To facilitate the effective resolution of civil disputes through the delivery of efficient and accessible legal aid and mediation services and to effectively manage and administer the State’s criminal legal aid schemes
Our vision is:
To facilitate access to justice through providing for resolution of civil disputes in the most appropriate manner while keeping in mind the dignity of the person, the nature of the dispute and the impact of the dispute on the parties immediately involved and wider society and further to manage the provision of criminal legal aid in an efficient, effective and accountable manner.
Our Values are:
- High professional and ethical standards in the provision of all our services
- Having the client and access to justice as central to our services
- A focus on innovation in the delivery of services
- Responsiveness to an ever-changing legal and social environment
- Effective leadership at all levels
- Providing good value for money
- A culture which promotes a team ethic and respect for the human dignity of the client and the colleague
- Effective governance and accountability relationships and structures with the Department of Justice and Equality, Government and the public.
We are committed to providing you, our customer, with an excellent service. This charter sets out the standards of service you are entitled to expect from us as well as our expectations of you, our customer.
Our commitments to you
Customer service standards
Customer Liaison Officer